Kevin Burbidge Electrical
1. 1. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. They will tell you everything you need to know about the agreement you will enter into when you accept this quotation for Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) to provide electrical services on your premises.
2. The price quoted is open for acceptance within 30 days providing that the work can be commenced within 90 days, both periods being from the date of the quotation. If you decide that you would like to use us after this time, we will let you know if a revised quotation is required and the reason why.
3. Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) has quoted the cost of providing services as discussed with you and specified in the quotation form. Once you have accepted this quotation Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) undertake to carry out all the work necessary to complete the work described in our specification and this quotation subject to the conditions below.
4. All materials remain the property of Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) until paid for in full. Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) reserves the right to reposes any goods supplied and charge a handling fee for repossession of goods. Any damage to goods supplied will be charged at cost price.
5. Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) will carry out the whole of the work specified in this quotation at the price quoted and during normal working hours but any variations or additions requested by you and carried out by Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) including variations the necessity of which becomes apparent after the work commences, will be subject to an additional charge. An additional charge may be made if you want us to work outside our normal working hours which are 8.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. We will need access to you premises at all times whilst providing services.
6. The time estimate provided for the completion of the work is our best estimate of the likely timescale prior to commencement of work, and we cannot accept liability for any costs, losses or expenses of whatever nature, incurred by you as a result of any delays.
7. The price specified in this quotation does not include the price of removing any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found whilst undertaking work. This will be subject to an extra charge.
8. If you are a tenant, you may need your landlord’s permission to carry out the work covered by this quotation. Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) will assume that you have obtained such permission. Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) shall not have any liability for any loss or damage however arising from failure to obtain such permission.
9. All carpets, linoleum and special types of flooring, for example, tongue and grooved parquet, hardwood, rubber or tiled floors must be removed if required by Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) and you shall be responsible for their replacement when the work is completed. In many cases, this removal and replacement is best left to a specialist contractor and you should seek advice accordingly.
10. The work will be carried out in a proper workmanlike manner but Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) cannot be held liable for any damage unavoidably caused to decorations, fittings and the like as a result of installing any new equipment as specified in the quotation or removing, replacing or disturbing existing fixtures and fittings.
11. We will take all reasonable care to carry out the work without causing damage to your premises, and will make good plaster work where necessary, but please accept that the installation (including removing or destroying existing fixtures and fittings) may cause damage to decoration and fittings. It is anticipated that certain areas may need redecoration following completion of the installation. This will be your responsibility and is not included in the price.
12. Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) shall not have any liability for any failure to perform its obligations under this quotation if it is prevented from doing so by causes reasonably beyond its control including unforeseen circumstances, such as industrial disputes, strikes, lock-outs, fire, accident, war or problems with the fabrication of the building. Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) shall not have any liability for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage or loss of profit with the exception of damage for death or personal injury. The total liability of Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) under this agreement shall not exceed the price paid. Further, should additional work be required as a result of such unforeseen circumstances, you will be responsible for meeting the costs of such work.
13. A deposit of 20% of the total amount is payable on acceptance of this estimate and interim payments to be paid as specified in contract. Full balance is payable upon completion of the work undertaken.
14. Payment is accepted in cash, cheque, bankers draft or electronic (bacs) transfer.
15. Late payment will incur a charge of £45 to cover administration costs.
16. None Payment of bills will be sent to debt collection 7 days after final notice, and all costs incurred will be borne by you the customer. A Penalty charge of 25% of the full bill total for debts less than 6 months will be added to all legal proceedings. Debts over 6 months old will be charged at 30% of total bill.
17. Should you cancel your order at any time prior to the commencement of the work Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) may retain the deposit as a contribution towards any costs which it has incurred.
18. Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE) does not accept large cash payments over €15000 (Approx £9800)
19. This quotation cannot be varied except in writing by Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE).
20. All workmanship is guaranteed to the following standards shown below:-
Domestic installations internal 12 months
Domestic installations external 6 months
Commercial premises none hazardous areas internal 12 months
Commercial premises none hazardous external 6 months
All materials are guaranteed for 12 months provided that they have not been subject to wilful or accidental damage. Note. The above guarantee will be nullified if any aspect of the work carried out is altered or affected in any way by a party other than Kevin Burbidge Electrical (KBE).